Stuff

Friday, May 22, 2009

This has been an interesting week. On Monday, May 18, we had our flatscreen TV installed on our wall. While they were installing it, I received an email from the Paula Sands Show. She has a monday-friday daily show which showcases local people. I had written to her ideas that I had for segments on her show. I enjoy cooking with Silicone Bakeware but very few people know what it is. She wanted me to be on her program. She said she had an opening on Thursday. So I said yes. I had been on her show before talking about crocheting my purses from plastic bags. So I wasn't too anxious.
But back to the tv on the wall. The Best Buy guy insisted on hooking the TV up with an HDMI Cable. When they were done, the sound would not come on the HD channels. He said that we needed the Cable guys to come out and check out the signal because it was weak. So we made an appointment with the cable guys to come to our house on Wednesday evening between 4 and 7. THEN on Tuesday, we found out that the DVD player was not working so we called Best Buy back. It ended up the DVD player needed to be on Line 1. So that problem was fixed. He came at 9 am so we had to get up early. I had lunch with 80 year old Joy Freeman. Then we waited for the cable guys to come. They finally came at 20 minutes before 7. This was the night of the American Idol finale. I told them they had 20 minutes. They said at 7 it would just be another 10 minutes. But it wasn't. They didn't get done til 8. I was probably the only person watching the show on a black and white walkman. It will probably be the last program I watch on my walkman because everything is going to go digital on June 12. Years from now, this might be a trivia question. No one will remember when we did the digital switch. I can't remember when it was suppose to be... I think Febuary 17. Good guess!
When the cable guys left, they hooked up the component wires but they also left the HDMI wires in place. After they left, we switched the tv back to CABLE after being on DVD. The sound went off again on the HD station. I told Donnie to undo the HDMI cable. He had to undo the good cables to get to it so that left us not knowing which cable went where. Ohhh I was so upset! So we worked with it as best we could but I went ahead and called Best Buy because if the guy hadn't installed the HDMI cable, none of this would have happened. On Thursday, the day I was to be on TV, we found out that the DVD player had a blank picture. So I called up Best Buy. I tried to get them to come right out and do the cords because I wanted to record my segment on the Paula Sands Show. The guy that worked in the Home Theatre Department said they couldn't come out right away, but his wife worked at the TV station and she could get me a copy. He told me to ask for Kay Kessler when I went there. I was able to record the program on my computer so I wasn't too worried. When I got there I told the director of the program about the small world. When I said about getting a copy, the director told me no, they don't have copies. He had read the email I wrote about my ordeal and he said that guy from Best Buy should not have said that about getting a copy because they don't do that. So I am sure glad I recorded it on the computer. But we weren't thinking. The TV still played sound on analog channel 5. My husband had the forethought to record it on that channel, so it is on my dvr. Long silly story, I know, but some day I will look back on this and laugh. It is very warm today. In the lower 80's but not humid. I also received so silkworms today. Two weeks ago I got some and 2/3 of them were dead. About 100 lived for a while, but yesterday, the last one died. There were only 4 cocoons. I hope these new ones live longer. I am feeding them leaves from our small mulberry bushes in our back yard.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home